Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Time to give in to vanity

OK, so I am not the most vain person in terms of my appearance, but today I finally gave in on one thing: the gray hairs had to go. So I am back to being a redhead again.. It is pretty close to what my natural hair color would be without the gray, so I am happy. I don't like straying from my natural color too much because it grows out in a really obvious way and I go a long time between coloring, sometimes even years. I needed to color before the wedding, so I figured now was as good a time as any. Now the only thing I have left to do is get my nails done and I will be all set.
It has been raining here about every two days or so, off and on for a couple of weeks now. The front yard looks like a swamp and the back is a little pond. Texas is not known for it's rain, so this is a really good thing. San Antonio is under level 2 water restrictions right now because our aquifer is under 650 feet. I am hoping all this rain brings us out of the drought conditions. I don't want another summer like last year. It was hot hot hot and horribly dry. 
Tonight we are having corned beef and cabbage for dinner. I just love the way it smells when it is cooking, but with my issues and not being able to eat meats, the smell is the only joy I get out of it; well, that and I can eat the cabbage :) Being a vegetarian in a house full of carnivores is interesting, to say the least. 
Sean's play went well last Friday. He was in the school production of Hansel and Gretel. A lot of my "adopted" kids were in it too: Anthony, Reno and Harley. I will post pics when I can get them uploaded. Sean was really cute in his lederhosen (even if he hated wearing them). I guess when you are a 15 year old male, wearing anything that looks like that would be embarrassing. I tried to tell him that at least it isn't a dress, but he wasn't listening :)
Well, that's about it from our house. Have a great week everyone!

No comments: