Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kitchen Remodel: Day 3

Today is the third day of the massive kitchen remodel. We weren't planning on doing anything but replacing the counters, but once they were off we saw the cabinets were rotten and falling apart, so they had to go too. Next went the window over my sink and the cabinets above where the stove sat so a built-in microwave can go there. I am also getting a new stove (gas) because the electric one lost a burner and because Marshall is putting in a gas line when he moves the laundry area to the back porch and gets me a gas dryer. Whew! It is going to be at least a week before the house is back in order.
Heather is now working watching the twins. Her husband Sean is working at a local movie theater, and Ian is working at a convenience store. The three are looking at getting a house together and if they do move out it will only be Marshall and me and the two youngest boys. I am not going to know how to cook for so few people. 
I hope I can update with a few pictures as the work continues, but I will see. Have a great week everybody :)

No comments: